Spud and Robe's Blog!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Olli May

Well Olli May finally made her arrival on November 22 at 6:38 pm weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs and 20 inches long. So here's how it went down: I woke up that morning feeling pretty good and was just going to relax for the day (I had already started my maternity leave the day before). I had been having a ton of braxton-hicks contractions for several weeks but they were never painful. My stomach would just get very tight for a bit and then it would go away. Well around 10 or 11 in the morning they started again but this time I was getting a bit uncomfortable. Eventually I started timing them but it was so unsatisfying because they were mostly about 6-7 minutes apart but would range from 4 minutes up to 8 minutes. Around 2:00 the pain was getting pretty intense so I called Spencer and told him to come home, that I was gong to call the hospital and see if I could get checked out just in case. By the time we got to the hospital around 3:15 I couldn't even talk through the contractions but was expecting to be sent home because I wasn't far enough along. We go admitted, in a bed and checked about 20 minutes later and ta-da! I was 3 cm, 70% effaced and had a bulging bag of water (sorry if that was TMI)! So we were in it to win it! Now all we had to do was wait. I got my epidural around 5:00 and was measured at 6 cm right after. And then my water broke! About this time my good friend Katie Spencer came to hang out with us and take pictures. My doctor came in around 6:15 to check me and it was GO time! She had me do a couple of practice pushes to see how well I did and then she got suited up. Spencer even go suited up-she was going to let him deliver the baby! I pushed for about 10-15 minutes and then she came. It was so awesome and so beautiful and we are so happy that she is here! We got to leave the hospital Thanksgiving morning which was perfect because that's when my parents arrived. We've had a few rough patches which is to be expected with a newborn but everything is evening out and we're all getting the hang of things. Hope you enjoy the pictures!



















1 Comments:

At December 4, 2011 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Peterson Family said...

Looks like you had a perfect delivery. I loved reading your experience,I wish mine was like that. Congratulations again, I love you all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home