Spud and Robe's Blog!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Feelin' Crafty!

I've been feeling pretty crafty lately as I'm only working part time and have a lot more time on my hands. Plus with a baby on the way we're trying to -pardon my language- budget. Blech. If anyone isn't familiar with Pinterest.com, it's wonderful!! I find tons of DIY and tutorials there and give them a go. Here's the few I've started with:

I found some 12x12 canvases on sale for a SUPER good deal and of course with all of the coupons that you can find for craft stores it was even better! The only thing we (Spencer) had to do was add something on the back so we could hang them up! We then picked out some 12x12 scrapbook paper, spray adhesive, and BAM we found a cheap, nifty decoration for above our mantel!




Maternity clothes are way too expensive, especially if you're only going to wear them for a few months. And let's face it, the options at Goodwill are pretty limited. I am finally past the point where the rubber band trick works on my old pants so I found a tutorial to make my own! These were work pants that I didn't really wear anymore and the band is just an old t-shirt in a pile that was waiting to go to the goodwill! I think they turned out pretty well and I didn't spend a cent!


I LOVE these baby shoes. They were a little difficult and after being away from my sewing machine for a while these were great to kick my booty back into gear. They're a little big, probably 6 months (like I really know) so I decided to modify the pattern for next time make them smaller so Olli (did I tell you that's her name) can wear them when she's teeny tiny.



I made this little outfit to be worn with just a onesie and hopefully a yellow or gray sweater I have yet to find. These are the shoes that I made smaller and the little flower is a pin to go on either the bottom of the skirt or the onesie or the sweater!


6 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Kerilee Law said...

Awesome job!! How bout you come down here and kick my butt into finishing my projects... or just do them for me. :)

 
At August 17, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Matt and Jeannine said...

Robin, how cute are those shoes! You are awesome!!! I want to make some of those shoes too!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger JR and Steph said...

Robin you are seriously so talented!! The little shoes are adorable and I LOVE her name!Oh and I think it's so cool that she is due November 27th that is our little Makenzie's birthday.

 
At August 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Dallin and Ashley said...

So cute!!!!!!

 
At August 21, 2011 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Keriann said...

Hey good to see you guys are having fun... The baby shoes and skirt outfit is so cute. Love the art for your fireplace wall.
Love you guys..Keriann

 
At August 23, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger katie b. p. said...

Love all the pictures! You have been crafty! You need to post pictures of your necklace that was so cute! I want to make shoes like those, where did you get the pattern?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home