Spud and Robe's Blog!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wally World

With our recent pregnancy Spencer and I were suddenly faced with the "Oh crap how are we going to afford a baby" state of our marriage. Although the pregnancy ended sadly we feel we've been given a second chance to get our priorities in order before we start a family. I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for their concerns shown when we had our miscarriage. It was a hard time but we're doing great now. Now back to business, I got a job at Wal-Mart! Anybody who knows me, knows I love Wal-Mart so it was only a matter of time before I took a job there! Spencer has been so busy with school and his part-time job and it seems whenever I'm home he's always doing homework so I just end up watching TV, so I just figured I might as well do something worth while. For all those wondering, Spencer did NOT make me get a second job. It was completely my choice and I choose to work now to put my husband through school. I also figured, hey, he'll be working for almost the rest of his life, I can do my part now. I've been working about 4 nights a week as a cashier and so far so good! The small break between jobs is pretty rough but once I actually get to the store and start working the night goes by fairly quickly. My feet hurt and my back is killing me, but it all feels better when I think of our future, (and Spencer gives me good massages when I come home).

6 Comments:

At May 7, 2009 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Kyr said...

you make a cute little walmart girl!

 
At May 8, 2009 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

Now, the trick is to not spend money every night when you are at work.... It is so easy to find something you NEED at Walmart.

 
At May 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM , Blogger ~LisaLou~ said...

Hey cool. You're a smartie! Save up now while you don't have those little rugrats yet! Our WalMart is opening here in 14 days! We're pretty excited to have something besides the 2 grocery stores to shop at. Though, our Fry's is pretty awesome! They even sell furniture!
Love you guys! Lisa

 
At May 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

girl... I love this! You are the cutest Wal*Mart cashier ever! lol... this made me smile...

 
At May 10, 2009 at 1:21 PM , Blogger jorgenlisa said...

I'm so glad to know that you are doing better. I was worried about you. How fun it was to see you at Walmart! I miss ya, but I do like Walmart so maybe I'll see you more often! Don't wear yourself out...promise?!?

 
At May 19, 2009 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

You are such a good wife! Spencer is a lucky boy! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home